Stories from the home of a preemie baby and extraordinarily large black Labrador

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

6 weeks home

Alright...I've been slacking. However, for the sake of records, I'm committing to posting at least once each week from here on out. I said it out loud. And so it is.

Cam had his 2 month well baby today and his first set of immunizations. So far, the kid is a friggin' rock star. He's on track for catch up growth and put up with three big ol' sticks like a champ. However, due to his prematurity he's a little behind on milestones like cooing and smiling. Which I can NOT wait for. I want that kid to smile at me so, so, sooooooo badly. After all that we went through in his first weeks of life, a smile will be the best reward. EVER.

On a different note, Cam got to meet his Grandpa Gary last week and spend an entire week with Luke's parents here. During their trip we took a drive to the Winchester Mystery House and visited two Harley Davidson shops. Little Bear did us proud by riding around in the baby wrap for a 1.5 hour Mystery House tour without a peep. He's totally interested in history. Or he was just tired. It's hard to tell.

We also had an especially great day when all of Cam's grandparents were here for a BBQ. Which makes me realize how much I'd like to live centrally near all of the grandparents. And how much I truly miss my Grandma. She's been gone for almost a year now and I know how much she would love Cam. But, I know she's been with me through this whole journey and keeps a watchful eye over the little dude. I just wish he could meet her once...But he can't.

It's odd to think that Cam will grow up without knowing some of the people that were such formative influences in my life and Luke's life...However, I'm committed to making sure that he knows about his great grandma, his great-great Aunt Pat, his great grandpa and every other relative that is watching over him from a distance. I want our little boy to have firm roots and know where he comes from, so that he can also have big wings. So he best be prepared for boring afternoons going through the family albums.

1 comment:

  1. Your son has some of the most amazing people in is life already.

    ReplyDelete